Restaurant Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Single of the main challenge of running a busy eating place is keeping the kitchen clean. With a huge number of behavior occurrence all the time, usual cleaning can seem overwhelming if you don’t have a system in place.
To assist uphold a hygienic profitable kitchen, develop a handy list that outlines how to keep your restaurant kitchen spic and span. A number of jobs should be complete more than a few times a day, while others need only be done weekly or monthly. usual cleaning of your usual kitchen is necessary for food safety and can assist decrease food waste, lowering overall menu costs.
Items to Clean Each Cooking Shift
These actions are commonplace for restaurant hood cleaning orlando fl cooks and other kitchen staff. Often, they will have already subconsciously worked them into their schedule and will be able to get them done promptly.
Wipe down the line and prep areas
- Switch cutting boards
- Change sanitizing water and cleaning rags
- Empty trash bins
- After Each Shift
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner shift should split liability in custody the kitchen smart. Charting a specific time each day for these items to be dealt with ensures there is no gap in cleanliness.
Clean the fryers
- Empty sanitizing buckets
- Put all cleaning rags in dirty laundry
- Empty steam table and clean
- Wash meat and cheese slicer after each use
- Cover all bins in a reach-in cooler with plastic wrap
- Wash floor mats
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor
- Sweep walk-in refrigerator
To put aside cash and occasion, some restaurants will employ a cleaner who comes at night; someone called a “night porter,” who makes sure the kitchen is up to cleaning standards for the next day of service.
- Clean out grease traps
- Change foil linings of grill, range, and flattops
- Wash the can opener
- Run hood filters through the dishwasher
- Each of these duties can be rotated throughout the week so that every shift gets an equitable amount of side work.
- Empty reach-in coolers and wash and sanitize them
- Clean coffee machine
- Clean the ovens. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instruction on this particular job.
- Sharpen knives (okay, not cleaning, per se, but needs to be done)
- Oil cast iron cookware
- Use drain cleaners on floor drains